History and Past Events
The Holliston Lions Club was founded on January 23, 1941 under sponsorship of the Medford Lions Club. The Medford president that year was Lion Elmer Tefler.
His brother, Walter, was a charter member of the new club. That first Charter night occurred on March 11, 1941 at the Odd Fellows Hall in Holliston.
The Holliston Lions Club has a rich tradition of community service and helping those less fortunate while also supporting District, State and International programs.
Throughout the years, Holliston provided many district leaders, including Past District Governors Ken Rooney, Hank Tamagno and Doreen Martel (transferred from Franklin).
The Holliston Lions Club sponsored the Medfield and Framingham Lions Clubs, and most recently in 2005, the New England College of Optometry Lions Club.
During the 2010 Lions year the Holliston Lions Club also became the proud sponsors of the Holliston Leo Club.
The Holliston Lions Club has sponsored Holliston Cub Scout Pack #2 for more than 50 years.
President Charles A. Williams
1st Vice President Henry DeSoto
2nd Vice President William P. O’Grady
3rd Vice President Reverend Walter A. Tefler
Secretary/Treasurer Roy H. Allen
Lion Tamer Charles O. Bartlett
Tail Twister Paul J. Jensen
Director Frank E. Jones
Director Henry T. Norris
Director Willis T. Petty
Director Clarence E. Sibley
Roy H. Allen
Don C. H. Beebe
Charles H. Brown
Edward W. Caine
Homer K. Ely
Robert M. Graham
Joseph E. Haley
Donald F. Harrington
William P. Mahan
Walter A. Rossini*
Arthur V. Spicer
H. Gordon Weston
* Walter Rossini is currently still a member of the Holliston Lions Club